In recent months, we have noticed a drastic increase in students needing help with math. The new Common Core Math standards have thrown many students and parents for a loop and the frustration is an ever-growing concern. While the Common Core Math standards were integrated in schools to help students advance in technologies that compete with our international counterparts, we are seeing more and more students who need help with basic subjects like addition, subtraction, math concepts, and story problems.
For this reason, we are introducing and adding new weekend Math Workshops to our learning center for children who need additional help with math concepts. These workshops are offered on a monthly basis in a small group setting for four weeks at a time. Classes are only offered on Saturdays to remain flexible with students’ class schedules. Each session touches on math subjects your child may struggle with in school and provides a safe environment for kids to ask questions, work with the instructor, and learn different techniques to improve their math skills.
The best part is our classes are only $10 per session (total of $40 for the whole workshop) and you can sign up for multiple classes. Register today as space is limited and the classes begin February 7, 2015 and March 7, 2015.
Here is what we are offering in January 2015:
February 7-28 – Saturdays Only (4 Weeks)
- 9 a.m. – 10 a.m. – Subtraction (Grades 1-3)
- 10 a.m. – 11 a.m. – Place Value Concepts with Decimals (Grades 4-6)
- 11 a.m. – Noon – Division (Grades 4-6)
Click here to register now or call 801-390-0091.
*Don’t wait to register as space is limited.
March 7-28 – Saturdays Only (4 Weeks)
- 9 a.m. – 10 a.m. – Story problems with addition, subtraction, and logical thinking (Grades 1-3)
- 10 a.m. – 11 a.m. – Story problems with multiplication, division, decimals, fractions, and logical thinking (Grades 4-6)
- 11 a.m. – Noon – Fractions (Grades 4-6)
*Click here to register today for February and March to reserve your spot.
Saturday Workshops (January 10-31)
- 9 a.m. – 10 a.m. – Addition (Grades 1-3)
- 10 a.m. – 11 a.m. – Place Value Concepts (Grades 1-3)
- 11 a.m. – Noon – Multiplication (Grades 3-6)
Integrated Learning Strategies is a Utah-based center dedicated to helping mainstream children and children with learning disabilities achieve academic success. Our services provide kids with non-traditional tutoring programs within the Davis County, Kaysville, Layton, Syracuse, Farmington, and Centerville areas. Areas to find Integrated Learning Strategies include: Reading tutors in Kaysville, Math tutors in Kaysville, Common Core Tutors in Kaysville, Tutors in Utah, Utah Tutoring Programs