Rewiring the Brain Bundle Building a Strong Foundation for Emotional Grounding This article provides important…
Rewiring the Brain Advanced Handbook for Emotional Self-Regulation
This article provides important information about the Rewiring the Brain Advanced Handbook for emotional self-regulation. This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. Integrated Learning Strategies (ILS) is a learning and academic center. As a reminder, ILS is not a health care provider and none of our materials or services provide a diagnosis or treatment of a specific condition or learning challenge you may see in your child or student. If you seek a diagnosis or treatment for your child or student, please contact a trained professional who can provide an evaluation of the child.
You may have already heard one of our little secrets to Rewiring the Brain for emotional grounding is…
Many of you have been waiting for the final release to our Rewiring the Brain Handbooks. I’m excited to tell you our final digital handbook was just released to complete the series. The Rewiring the Brain Handbook Part III is for students on a more advanced level.
The Rewiring the Handbooks are geared toward children who have more extreme emotions that fall outside average tantrums and meltdowns. Or, maybe you are looking to help younger kids get started early. Either way, it’s never too early to start building neural connections in the brain for emotional grounding.
The main focus of these handbooks is to establish neural connections in the brain through handwriting exercises. These types of exercises provide a strong emotional foundation that allows kids to self-regulate automatically.
If a child experiences disconnections between the right and left sides of the brain, they may get “stuck” on one side or the other, which can lead to emotional chaos.
The Rewiring the Brain Handbooks can help:
-Therapists looking for additional ways to help clients become more emotionally grounded. If clients experience sensory meltdowns, anxiety, fight or flight responses and other big emotions, repetitive handwriting strokes can help. Or, if you need resources for parents to try at home to help further your progress in your sessions, this is an easy way to do it!
-Parents who are exhausted, overwhelmed and stressed about their child’s emotional development. If you are tired of meltdowns that sometimes happen for hours and if you don’t know how to stop them, this is a tool that may help. Don’t let emotional setbacks prevent you from outings, dropping kids off at school or social settings with family and friends.
-Teachers who need help with emotional children in the classroom, but can’t always work with them individually. When emotions happen, you can’t always give the student your full attention when you have a specific curriculum to teach. If you have a student who sets the tone for the whole classroom, this could be a good option to help the child when emotions arise. This option allows you to continue teaching while providing the emotional student with an outlet to reorganize the brain for better emotional regulation.
The handbooks are great tools not only for helping kids with emotions, but other types of learning concepts like: impulse control, muscle memory and attention and focus.
What is different about this handbook?
Part III in the Rewiring the Brain Series is solely dedicated to kids who are now on an advanced level. Does this mean kids who are older? No! When we say “advanced level,” we are talking about a more developed handwriting level.
Maybe this child has already completed the beginning and intermediate handbooks and is ready for the advanced copy. A child who is in their teens may need to start with the beginning handbook instead of the advanced handbook if they are experiencing emotional disconnections in the brain. Simple activities may be best until they are ready for a more advanced level.
However, if the child is making progress and is ready for more difficult exercises that will challenge the brain and their emotions, the child is now ready for the advanced copy.
If you feel your child or students are not yet ready for the advanced copy, check out the beginning and intermediate levels here or get the full bundle!
What does the Advanced Handbook include?
Now that your child or student is at an advanced level, we are going to dive deeper into the following areas.
- 51+pages of handwriting exercises at an advanced level (kids with established fine motor skills, hand strength, proficient handwriting ability and pencil grip development).
- 9+ pages of information about the importance of rewiring the brain through handwriting and why repetitive handwriting strokes are important.
- 14 pages of doodling exercises designed for impulse control, brain breaks and retaining information.
A little more about the Handbook
The advanced copy of the Rewiring the Brain Handbook is part of a 3-part series of handwriting exercises helping kids reach their fullest emotional and academic potential.
- Are entirely digital! There is no physical copy available. This allows you to print and re-print multiple copies for multiple students, clients and children at home.
- Are all different and provide different exercises, activities and features that can be adjusted to the child’s individual level.
- Allow the child to trace, copy and free-style each exercise to become more proficient and establish repetition.
- Provide simple exercises in the beginning that become increasingly more difficult as the child continues through the handbook. Each exercise builds on the other.
- Contain activities toward the end of the handbook dedicated to focusing on other learning elements (doodling for brain breaks, tracing for muscle memory and impulse control, hand strength activities, etc.).
How do I get my copy?
If you are ready for the advanced copy of the handbook, or want to bundle it, click here.
Simply choose the individual option that is right for your child or students or get all three in our bundle. Bonuses are included when you bundle it!
You can find examples of the exercises, videos and information on what is included in each handbook at the site above.
When you purchase the handbooks, check the following:
- Make sure you are subscribed so you get the download links straight to your email. Otherwise, your email provider may block the email from coming through and you may not receive it.
- If you have subscribed and don’t receive your download links, check your spam or junk mail to see if they were sent to those inboxes.
- If you have checked all your inboxes and still haven’t received your copies, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can assist.
Rewiring the Brain Mini-Course
If you want to learn more about how to help your child or students with emotional development, join the Rewiring the Brain mini-course. This course is entirely email-based and provides tips, resources and tools to help kids who have trouble with emotional grounding. Sign-up below to get all the lessons in your email box to print, share, read and re-read as many times as you like. Complete the form to register for the course below.
Integrated Learning Strategies is a Utah-based center dedicated to helping mainstream children and children with learning challenges achieve academic success. Our services provide kids with non-traditional tutoring programs within the Davis County, Kaysville, Layton, Syracuse, Farmington, and Centerville areas. Areas to find Integrated Learning Strategies include: Reading tutors in Kaysville, Math tutors in Kaysville, Common Core Tutors in Kaysville, Tutors in Utah, Utah Tutoring Programs